A Family Photography Course with Melissa Ortendahl
Build Your Skill as a Family Photographer
Being a family photographer can be challenging, but working with families and children for doesn’t have to be stressful and overwhelming – it can (and should) be FUN!
If you have struggled with how to run your family photography sessions to be able to get your clients to relax and be comfortable and connected with one another, this course is designed to give you the tools to transform the way you run them!
This course is focused on helping you create memories for your clients families that truly capture the essence of their family – as it is, right now. To help your clients embrace the crazy and chaotic-ness of having children (of any age) and enjoying the memories you create to freeze these time of their lives. It provides you the tools to be able to confidently find the right clients for you. It will also teach you how to set reasonable expectations as a business owner so your clients feel supported and satisfied and you feel respected and valued.
Come along behind-the-scenes with Melissa on TWO family photography sessions:
- 1 with a family of 5 with 3 kids under the age of 7 and
- 1 session with a family of 7 with 4 teenagers!
Additionally, Melissa provides you with 6 additional instructional videos:
- Session Workflow
- Indoor Session Prompts and Posing
- 2 Videos on dealing with difficult sessions
- Lightroom Tools & Tips
- Managing business & booking with Sprout Studio
This course covers:
- Communication & Expectation Management with clients
- Marketing and finding the right clients
- Styling Information
- Location Scouting
- Session workflow
- Over 15 different prompts and games to get your families engaging and interacting with each other
- How to deal with difficult sessions
- Indoor Sessions
- Post session workflow
- The business tools you need to help you streamline the entire process not only for your clients, but for you as well
You will learn how to create a five star client experience that will inspire your family photography clients to not only come back to you year after year, but also refer you to friends and family, helping your business to grow and expand.